1. Personal information
Through the Krones Websites, Krones will not collect any personal information (e.g. name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us (e.g. by filling out contact forms, registration, survey) or if the applicable laws on the protection of your data allow such action.
When you do provide Krones with personal information, Krones usually uses it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers. In order to better assist customer relationships, it may be necessary
- that Krones saves and processes your personal information and shares it with the worldwide Krones subsidiaries to better understand your business needs or to improve Krones products and services; or
- that Krones (or a third party on behalf of Krones) uses this personal information to contact you regarding future Krones offers, so as to support your business needs, or to conduct online surveys to better understand Krones customers' business and requirements.
If you choose not to have your personal information used to support Krones´ customer relationship research (particularly direct-marketing or market-research), Krones will respect your decision. Krones will not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties, except to companies belonging to the Krones group.
3. Use for a specific purpose
Krones will only collect, process and use the personal data supplied by you online for the purposes notified to you, unless collection, processing and use
- are for another purpose which is directly connected to the original purpose for which the personal data were collected;
- are required in order to process, negotiate and execute a contract with you;
- are necessary on account of a legal obligation or an official or judicial order;
- are necessary in order to justify or protect legal claims or ward off law suits;
- are used to prevent misuse or other unlawful activities, e.g. intentional attacks on the Krones systems, with the aim of ensuring data security.
4. Communication- and utilisation-related information
If you access the Krones Websites via telecommunication services, communication-related information (e.g. internet protocol address) or utilisation-related information (e.g. information on the start and duration of utilisation as well as the telecommunications services used by you) will automatically be generated through technical means. This information may allow inferences to personal data. If collection, processing and use of your communication- or utilisation-related information are absolutely necessary, they will be subject to legal regulations on data privacy.
5. Non-personal information collected automatically
When you access the Krones Websites, information that is not personally-identifiable (e.g. type of internet browser and computer operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed) may be collected automatically (i.e. not by registration). Krones and its worldwide subsidiaries use this information to measure the attractiveness of the Krones Websites and improve their performance and content.
6. "Cookies" – information placed automatically on your computer
When you view one of the Krones Websites, Krones may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize you the next time you visit. Cookies can help Krones, for example, by allowing to tailor a website to better match your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you choose not to be recognized, please refer to your internet browser to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Krones will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. Krones will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
Krones will take technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data against unintentional or illegal deletion, against changes or loss, and against unauthorised transmission or access.
9. Links to other websites
The Krones Website contains links to third party websites. Krones is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these websites.
10. Web analysis
In order to constantly improve and optimise our offer, we use so-called tracking technologies. To this end, we use the Google Analytics and Webtrekk services.
Any collection and saving of data by Webtrekk can be objected at any time with future effect. Please access the following link to this end. Please exclude me from being tracked by Webtrekk! Once you have acknowledged this link, a so-called opt-out-cookie is set on your data carrier. The validity period of this cookie is 5 years. Please make sure when deleting all cookies on your computer to delete this opt-out-cookie as well, i.e. if you still want to object anonymised data collection by Webtrekk, you must set the opt-out-cookie again. The opt-out-cookie is set for each browser and computer. If you visit our websites from at home and from your office or with different browsers, you must enable the opt-out-cookie on each of the different browsers or computers.
11. Questions and comments